How to disable cookies?
I - WHY COOKIES ON i24NEWS?
Cookies may be included to:
- Manage the visit statistics
- Manage the advertising spaces on i24News.tv
- Manage and access your account
- Display sharing buttons on social networks (Facebook and Twitter)
The advertising spaces display on your screen advertising contents from advertisers. These spaces contribute to the funding of the contents and services we put at your disposal.
A – Role of cookies on i24News.tv
When you connect to i24News and subject to the settings choices of the browser used during your visit, we may install various cookies in your terminal allowing us to recognize the browser of your terminal for the validity duration of the said cookie.
Cookies we transmit will allow:
- To establish traffic and use statistics and volumes of the various items composing our site (sections and contents visited, itinerary, etc.), enabling us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services ;
- To adapt our site presentation to the display preferences of your web terminal or mobile (display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visit to our website;
- To memorize information about a form you filled on our site (access to your account, daily question, comments);
- You to access reserved and personal sections of our site, such as your account, thanks to identifiers or data that you, possibly, previously communicated;
- To implement security measures, for example when you are asked to reconnect to a content or a service after a certain period of time.
B – Role of cookies transmitted on i24News.tv by a third party
B1 – Transmission of cookies on i24news.tv by third parties (social networks)
I24news.tv includes a social sharing service. It allows to share contents of our site with other persons or promote your consultations or your ideas about a site’s content. This is the case, in particular, for the buttons “Share” and “Tweeter” from the social networks “Facebook” and “Twitter”.
The social network with such application button may identify you, even if you did not use this service when consulting the i24news.tv site. In fact, this kind of application button may enable the social network involved to follow your navigation on i24news.tv, simply because the connection to your social network account has been active while navigating on our site.
We have no control over the process used by the social networks to collect information on your navigation on i24news.tv and related to personal data they dispose of. We invite you to view Facebook and Twitter privacy policies to be aware of the use, in particular advertising purposes, of the navigation information they may collect from these services. These privacy policies shall, in particular, allow you to make choices while using these social networks, including by setting up your user accounts to each of these networks.
B.2 – Cookies transmission via third party contents (advertisements)
The advertisements (graphic designs, animations, videos, etc.) broadcasted in our advertising spaces may contain cookies transmitted by third parties: either the advertiser of the advertising content involved, or a third party company to the advertiser (communications agency, audience measurement company, provider of targeted advertisement, etc.), who linked a cookie to the advertising content of an advertiser.
Where required, the cookies transmitted by these third parties may allow them, during the defined validity period:
- To count the number of advertising content displays broadcasted via our advertising spaces, to identify the advertisements thereby displayed, the number of visitors who clicked on each advertisement, enabling them to calculate the amounts due as a result and establish statistics;
- To recognize your terminal during its previous navigation on any other site or service on which these advertisers or these third parties also transmit cookies and, where required, adapt these third party sites and services or the advertisements they broadcast to the navigation of your terminal which they may be aware of.
II – MANAGING COOKIES
You may, at any time, express and modify you wishes in terms of cookies, by the means described hereafter.
Choices offered by your browser
You may configure your browser so that the cookies would be saved on your terminal or, on the contrary, would be rejected, either systematically or based on their issuer. You may also configure your browser so that the acceptance or the rejection of the cookies would be offered to you occasionally, before saving a cookie.
A. Agreement on cookies
Saving a cookie depends mainly on the user’s wish that he/she may express and modify, at any time, and for free, through choices offered to him/her by his/her browser.
If you accept in your browser the storage of cookies, the latter, incorporated in the pages and the contents you viewed, could be stored temporarily in a dedicated location of your terminal. In that location, only their issuer may be able to read them.
B – Rejection of cookies
If you reject the storage of cookies, or delete the cookies stored in that location, you won’t be able to use a number of features which are nonetheless necessary to browse in some sections of our site. That will be the case if you try to access your account which requires your identification. This will be also the case when we, or our providers, won’t be able to recognize, for technical accounting purposes, the type of browser used by your terminal, its language and display settings or the country from which your terminal seems to be connected to Internet.
Where required, we decline all responsibility for the consequences related to the degraded operating of our services arising from our incapacity to save or view the cookies required to their operating and which you would have rejected or deleted.
C- How to make your choices based on the browser you use?
To manage cookies and your choices, the setup of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to modify your wishes in terms of cookies.