Fire on roof of Trump Tower in Manhattan said caused by electrical box
SPENCER PLATT (GETTY IMAGES NORTH AMERICA/AFP/Archives)
The New York City Fire Department (FDNY) was called to respond to a blaze on the roof of Trump Tower in Manhattan on Monday, where US President Donald Trump maintains a residence.
The fire was reported to have been caused by an electrical box on the roof of the building and was said to be under control.
There were no reports of injuries or evacuations as a result of the blaze.
The President in Washington D.C. at the time of the incident.
There is a small fire in an electrical box at Trump Tower. No injuries but some smoke pic.twitter.com/l7mvR3WfB2— Aaron Katersky (@AaronKatersky) January 8, 2018
Pictures shared on social media showed a stream of smoke trailing into the sky from the roof of the Midtown high-rise.
The real-estate-mogul-turned-president's eponymous skyscraper, which was the setting of Trump's hit reality TV show The Apprentice, is a massive tourist hot spot.
You need to be logged in in order to post comments. Sign up or log in