Quantcast i24NEWS - Israel's High Court halts demolition of West Bank terrorist's home

Israel's High Court halts demolition of West Bank terrorist's home

An IDF soldier issues a demolition order for the home of a Palestinian suspect who killed two Israelis in a shooting attack on a Barkan factory last week

Israel's High Court of Justice on Thursday ordered a halt to the planned demolition of the home belonging to a Palestinian terrorist who killed two Israelis in the West Bank last month.

Ashraf Waleed Suliman Na’alwa, 23, has been on the run for a month, after storming the offices of the Barkan factory where he was employed on October 7 and fatally shooting two Israeli colleagues.

Israeli forces on Tuesday handed Na’alwa’s family a demolition order for the parts of a home in Shuweika he inhabited. The upper floors, where the fugitive terrorist did not live, were not scheduled to be demolished.

The order from the high court comes a day after a large contingency of Israeli forces encircled the home Na'alwa, apparently ahead of its demolition.

Israel implements a policy of deterrence in which the homes of Palestinian terrorists who carry out attacks are demolished, often overnight. Human rights groups say the measure amounts to collective punishment, with the suspects' families forced to suffer for others' acts.


Amid a month-long manhunt for Na’alwa, Israeli forces have erected posters throughout his hometown of Tulkarem warning residents that aiding him would incur penalties including “extended detention, home demolition and the cancellation of [work] permits for themselves and their families.”

Na’alwa -- who held a valid work permit for the Barkan industrial zone -- arrived to the offices of the Alon Group factory armed with an illegally manufactured Carlo-style submachine gun where he tied up and shot dead 28-year-old Kim Levengrond Yehezkel before also killing 35-year-old Ziv Hajbi.

The army has launched an investigation into how Na’alwa was able to smuggle his weapon into the gated industrial park and into whether he had bound Levengrond Yehezkel with the intention of taking her hostage.

Officials reportedly believe that Na’alwa, who left a suicide note before carrying out the attack, was preparing to engage Israeli forces who attempt to arrest him. He is considered armed and dangerous.


8Previous articleIsrael's High Court halts demolition of West Bank terrorists home
8Next articleOlive tree sabotage plagues Palestinian farmers